ANCEDRAM MONDAY FASTING AND PRAYER / WEEK 31 / MONDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2021
“AWAKE! O SLEEPER”
(MATTHEW 25:5-6; 1THESSALONIANS 5:6)
Whoever has no vision of eternity has no hold on time. The scripture made us to understand that the world is a field. Yet many believers live as if they own this world and will have no regrets peradventure they miss their place in heaven.
“The mark of a saint is not perfection, but consecration. A saint is not a man without fault, but a man who had given himself without reserve to GOD,” says Westcott.
Let us consider the story of the ten virgins who took their lamps and went forth to meet the bridegroom but alas they all fell asleep while waiting [MATT.25:5]. As the world sleeps in the dark (having carefree attitude towards God), so the church sleeps in the light (displaying careless comportment towards the kingdom of heaven). So pathetic! And very Scary!
Drama ministers! As we move closer to the end of 2021’s journey, what kind of approach and preparation are we giving to the coming of the King – our Lord Jesus Christ? Right from within our heart, our lifestyle, and our kind of message, are we among the sleeping giants?
Awake, be one of the midnight criers (the true Gospel preachers) today, and contribute your quota to the value and heavenly standard of the Christian community worldwide.
Also, be awake; join the heralds of Christ’s good news to save your soul from complacency. The scripture warns, “So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him” [ 2Peter 3:14 NIV].
SHALL WE PRAY:
1. Let us appreciate God who has helped us this far, from the beginning of the year to this moment, and that He shall see us through to the end of 2021.
2. Let us pray that the Lord shall keep us awake to the duties of our callings, that we may sleep in HIS peace and wake in HIS glory.
3. Let us pray that the Lord shall make us sensitive to the pranks of the devil and his agents to snatch us away from Him, and that He shall strengthen us by HIS Spirit to wade off devil’s advances.
4. Shall we pray that the Lord shall make us wiser than the devil in all ramifications.
5. Let us pray for as many ministers and ministries who are sleeping giants that they shall be revived.
6. Let us pray for ministers and ministries who have known their bearing on the field that they shall not lose focus, that they shall not fall from grace and they shall finish well and strong in JESUS’ name.
7. Let us pray that the Lord shall make us agents of revival and advocates of Christ’s good news at this end-time, that we shall not fall victim of perils of complacency.
8. Pray more as the Spirit of God leads you.
BE RAPTURABLE IN JESUS’ NAME.
– Pastor Seyi Israel (Nat’l Prayer Secretary)