ANCEDRAM MONDAY FASTING AND PRAYER / WEEK 32 / MONDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2021
“IN A TIME LIKE THIS”
GOD places so much premium on relationship/fellowship, that even in heaven, there is fellowship. In fact, the original purpose for man’s creation is to glorify God by being in fellowship with Him. However, no matter how much one may be surrounded by people, nothing worthwhile would be achieved by trusting in them. Because man needs help, there is tendency to seek help from different places. This is dangerous!
We are in a season where tension, anxiety and stress are almost everywhere. To some, it is probably because the year is going to an end and they thought they have not achieved anything tangible this year 2021. To some others, it is as a result of having no hope of how to celebrate the festive season due to a financial, material or health constraint.
It is suicidal to put your hope in man (parents, relatives, friends), your own ability or occult powers, because they may fail you and will still be the one to celebrate your downfall. The best place to look is up. The Psalmist asked: Where does my help come from? And he answered himself: My help comes from the LORD! That is the best place to look. Why? Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame (psalm 34:5). He gives enduring help.
Man’s help has limitations in scope and volume. Only God’s is unlimited and inexhaustible. Turn to Him, and wait for His help.
SHALL WE PRAY:
1. Let’s begin to appreciate God for His faithfulness that has sustained us till today, the second to the last Monday of the year 2021.
2. Let us pray that the Lord shall send us help today over the situations and challenges we are facing now (you can mention them).
3. Let somebody pray that God shall change every tired and expired helpers and replace them with new ones.
4. Shall we pray as a body (ANCEDRAM) that the Lord shall visit and endow us with the power needed for this age and season in JESUS’ name.
5. Let us pray for as many ministers who have gone astray or at the verge of doing so that the Lord shall restore them.
6. Let us pray for as many children of God who are in their wilderness experience that the Lord shall release on them power and grace to wait for the original help of GOD.
7. Shall we pray that, “Lord! As this year is going to an end, I shall not be abandoned, I shall not fall out of grace, I shall not run dry of the anointing of God . I receive more grace and strength to cross into year 2022 in God’s fullness in JESUS’ name.”
8. Pray more as the Spirit of God leads you.
THE LORD HONOUR YOU.
– Pastor Seyi Israel (Nat’l Prayer Secretary)