ANCEDRAM MONDAY FASTING AND PRAYER / WEEK 34 / MONDAY, JANUARY 3, 2022
“SING A NEW SONG”
(Psalm 40:1 – 3)
In the above text, David narrated his experiences in the wilderness. He was alone, outside the coverage area of his parents and siblings. It’s like his father had abandoned him to fate when we consider the fact that it took an outsider (Prophet Samuel) to refocus the attention of the father on the presence of the last born when the time for promotion came [1Sam. 16: 11].
David’s experiences in the wilderness was not palatable, but that became a training school for him. If not, how did a young boy like that get all the skills of shepherding, musical prodigy, war tactics, poem composition, etc. all at the same time in the wilderness?
I don’t know what your experiences were like in the year 2021. Maybe you experienced some great moves of God by recording successes in some or all of your major projects in 2021. SING A NEW SONG to appreciate God, for sustainability of the success and in anticipation of greater success, because year 2022 has been declared the year of abundant harvest.
Maybe your own experience was not palatable like that of David in the wilderness. Why don’t you count year 2021 as your year of wilderness experience and allow God to put a new song in your mouth in anticipation for your breakthroughs and rising glory in 2022.
Ugly experiences don’t last. Weeping may endure, but only for a night; joy comes in the morning. SING A NEW SONG.
GOD changed David’s song from lamentations to songs of joy and victory. He promised doing the same for us this year, if we can wait patiently like David did, without cutting corner.
Get prepared for a reward for your labour in God’s vineyard in the year 2022!
SHALL WE PRAY:
1. Let us begin to appreciate God for seeing us through the old year 2021, against all odds.
2. Let us begin to sing songs of praise and hymns of praise as many as you can.
3. Let us tell God that, “The new songs of 2021 have become old, Lord, give me a new song of 2022 today and always.
4. Pray for new songs in terms of ideas, divine revelations, messages etc. for the year 2022.
5. Let us pray that the Lord Jesus shall visit each life, family and ministry with new songs of victory and expansion this year 2022.
6. Let us pray for those who are waiting on God for the fruit of the womb that the Lord shall visit them with new songs of joy.
7. Let us pray for those who are spiritually barren that the Lord shall help them to break their fallow ground and put a new song in their mouth this year 2022 in JESUS name.
8. Pray more as the Spirit of God leads you.
HAVE A FRUITFUL YEAR 2022.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
– Pastor Seyi Israel (Nat’l Prayer Secretary)